DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Computer problem

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi all,

My laptop gives me the BSOD whenever i try and use my webcam as a microphone. I have re installed the webcam software and the message on the BSOD says 'physical memory dump' but above that it says the problem is with 'usbaudio.sys'. I have downloaded a new version of that file however it said the file was used mainly for Windows 98 and I am running Windows XP.

Can anyone tell me what to do and also whether there is an updated version of usbaudio.sys which is meant for Win XP?

Thanks

M

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

The webcam is a Logitech Quickcam Zoom and i have re-installed it and all its associated software.

The BSOD appears about 10mins after i start using it on msn messenger when i use it for audio however it is compatible with msn and msn has been re-installed too. The camera on its own works fine however it is the audio which is the problem hence i need to find a driver for the usb port on my laptop, namely usbaudio.sys

Only special users get the BSOD on Win Xp Pro...namely those who create such an odd problem that the computer just cant be bothered with you and tries to scare you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Max,

Whats the webcam?  At what point does the BSOD appear.  When activating the software, intallation etc?

Haven`t heard of BSOD under XP before at all though... 

A

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Not sure if you know that if you run Window XP you can run a Programm you cann use the Programm Compatibility Wizard to set the requierd Win Version.

To go the 'click' on Start go to All Programs then to Accessoires and then to Program Compatibility Wizard. Choose the Programm you want out of the List and tell Win Xp to run in in whatever Win Version you need to. Then it will everytime run it under those settings.

I found it to work just fine with the programm for my Webcam, which only runs under Win 98.

Good Luck