DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Computer RAM question

Posted by Patrick71-182729 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

You might have trouble getting 128Mb these days.  You can replace a 64Mb card with a 256Mb module for about 50 EUR making a total of 310Mb.  If for some reason the 2 modules dont work together you can just use the 256Mb on its own.Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Patrick71-182729 - 14 years ago

want to stay with the same name and hate FT with a vengence.

Just bugs me that the thing has physically got enough but can't understand where that one MB is...mine has got two RAM boards the same inside so I guess I have 2 X 64 could I buy one board with 128 on it and just slap it in making a total of uurrr 192MB? or does it need software or two boards the same tooooo.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Don't know what to say ... I don't understand how you can be sharp enough to realise that a RAM upgrade is pretty straightforward but you are still using AOL ;-)

Just kidding - if you want/need advice about your ram upgrade then just let me know.

Sorry no image available

Dunno,

Haven't got it yet...OK busted when i tried to load on AOL 8.0 to replace 7.0 it said not enough RAM and when I look in sysytem resources it confirms that...hammer anyone?

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

What brand of ADSL 'modem' is with the package that you are trying to use?

Sorry no image available

Thanks mike, I do have 128 I've seen the two cards, but in system resources it says only 127 and I can't load on the ADSL software as it says I've only got 127, I do realize that RAM does come in multiples of 64!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

If you think you have 127 MB then you really have 128 MB. I could explain why, but it would take pages. Please: trust me on this one.

Mike