DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Connect number for wanadoo

Posted by asg198 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tony Miller - 14 years ago

Mike

Thanks for the advise if I understand correctly, use the cc system ie pay as you go, wanadoo will give me a username/password for DUN and a seperate email/password, as you say I have the dnss and I presume the smtp and pop, is pop.wanadoo.fr smtp.wanadoo.fr, I cannot use their dialer as the computer will move countires, if its to difficult I will use Attglobal which is in 53 countires and is simple.I use them already for DUN when travelling

Http://www.attglobal.com

Thanks for your advise

Tony 

Tony Miller

Sorry no image available
Posted by asg198 - 14 years ago

Hi thanks for the info does it all apply for connection from Monaco I will be using a mobile to connect. Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Hi Tony,

In that case, were I looking for a Wandoo deal, I think I'd go for the Access Libre (which is pay-as-you-go, charged to your CC - there's also a pay-as-you-go that's billed via a premium-rate telephone call, but I seem to recall that works out a lot more expensive). Call up the Service Commercial and give 'em your card details and so on, and they'll give you:

A number to call (but you knew that)Your dial-up login and passwordYour e-mail login and password (totally different to the above)

From then you just dial in, as and when. You only get billed for what you do, so it's not like you have to pay for nine and a half months when you're not there. (Note that Wanadoo's people may try realy hard to get you to use their dialler; my solution is to tell them that I've got an old UNIX box runing a 1991 version of Berkeley BSD, and I don't think their dialler will, you know, work.)

If your French is up to it, it can be valuable to check out www.lesprovideurs.com, which compares the various ISP offerings in France. It's recently had its interface jazzed up no end, with the result that I can't find any of the stuff that I used to be able to find, but it's still very handy...

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tony Miller - 14 years ago

Mike

I hope you can assist, I want to connect to Wanadoo Dial up, due to the fact we are only in France (Menton) for 10 weeks a year at the moment rest of the time we live in Sydney and have cable uncapped, I want a normal package ie say 10-12 hrs a month do they do such package (and don't want to use there install disc, and would like to set up manually, I can see there are three tel numbers and DNS but cannot find mail settings ie stmp and pop3 could you point me to the right page, I presume like other ISP the user name is what you you like, does wanadoo require anything before user name or after.

Hopefully you can point me in the direct direction,

Regards

Tony

Tony Miller

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Pumuckel's number is only applicable if you're an Intégrale subscriber.

The full list of numbers for all forms of contract/access are here.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 14 years ago