DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Convert Word to Works

Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

URGENT. Have received an email with attachment.  Attachment, which is a form, has .eml at the end and won't open properly or convert.  Checked and cleared of viruses. How can I open this in either Works or Adobe format.  Must open and print off and complete form tonight for posting off tomorrow.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SINBAD-196042 - 13 years ago

Well right click the file -----then open with-----choose a program----then chose -----out look<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That should work

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 13 years ago

Thanks for your quick reply but I could open the e-mail in OE but not the attachment which as I said was a form which I needed to print, complete and post.  By searching I have now found a conversion called Word to Works Viewer on Microsoft site, downloaded it and this converted the attachment automatically et voila I was able to print it off in the correct format.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 13 years ago

It's an e-mail, which can be opened in Microsoft Outlook Express.

However, you can open it and read the plain text content using any text editor (e.g. Notepad on a Windows PC) and you can probably render any HTML content (if relevant) by trying to open it with your Web browser.

Mike