DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Corsica, some tips please :)

Posted by Emma_Keogh-182851 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

Hello,

My parents are thinking of coming to Nice and then going away to Corsica for 10 days holidays.

I know all the links for ferries etc..

What I am wondering is where is the best location to go for:

a relaxing holiday for my parentsPerhaps (only a perhaps) some golfNot a driving holidayNice place on the beach, 4 star + accomodation apt or hotel.the least amount of travel time

Any tips/advice would be great

Cheers,

Emma.

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by François06 - 15 years ago

I don't know where you're from Bang but go back there or take driving lessons + a cultural course about people in southern Europe.We have a different way of life in mediterranean countries and most people in the world really enjoy their visit and often come back to explore more about it.Corsica is a fantastic place too & so beautiful. My mother is from Calvi and Corsicans are really friendly with a great sense of hospitality.François

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nicky & Paul-185522 - 15 years ago

Hi St George,We are sure that on your visits to Corsica you will have drunk your namesake, the local bottled water - which, incidentally, comes in a bottle designed by Phillippe Starck!We wouldn't live anywhere else - the wine is excellent too!Nicky & Paul

Sorry no image available

Take a look at the following its impartial and done by a real enthusiast http://corsica-isula.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjrking - 15 years ago

Bang (boom bang a . . . .)

I am intrigued - do you live on the CdA?  If so, why if you hate it so much?

Just interested!

StGeorge - the best holiday I ever had was 3 weeks with a great group of friends staying in a villa in St Florent - simply magnifique!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Bang !!

I don't know where you're coming from, but my father who is 84 and lives in London, can't get enough of the Côte d'Azur and ANY opportunity to fly to Nice to relax is taken advantage of !

To get away from it all , I take a ferry to Calvi or Bastia ,with the car ,to stay with friends in St.Florent !!

Corsica is an Island I've visited since 1970 on a regular basis , and would happily live there if professional commitments allowed !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by bang-181858 - 15 years ago

i have to tell you

please dont send your parents here, i am talking from experience, the cote d azur, has to be the dirtiest, agressive, place in the world,

relaxing - thats a joke, each person, is stressed out, there is accidents every 30 seconds,

the place is a nightmare

try somewhere else for your parents, unless you want to drive them to an early grave

all the best

Sorry no image available

Hi there, 

We live in Calvi, Corsica, and having travelled extensively all over the island we have no doubt that Calvi is the most beautiful town in the most stunning region, the Balagne, where there is plenty to see and do.  Calvi has a fantastic 6km sandy beach, loads of really good restaurants, and it's very laid-back and relaxed.  Also, it's the closest airport and ferry port to Nice.  We rent out our house in season, you can see it at www.corsicanholidays.com aswell as photos of the local area and things to see and do.  If you, or anyone else reading this, want any further info then please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers, Nicky & Paul