DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cost of developing films!

Posted by vivtrev-184386 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

I have just had my first film processed at Le Clerc supermarket - it cost 17.7euros for a 36 shot film!!

Is this the norm in France or does anyone know where to get film processed at reasonable cost?

VivTrev

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steph75-182837 - 15 years ago

Adding on to the advantages of a digital cam, there also exists websites now that you can upload the pics you want to print on standard quality photo paper for just 40 euro cents and there are always promotions on free delivery cost.

With photoshop u can touch up your photos first, remove red eye etc and then choose the ones u really want a hard copy of.

check out www.photoways.com for more info.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Andrew.Wilk - 15 years ago

The answer is to go digital and invest in a digital camera. My last trip to CdA I took around 200 photographs at Nice Carnival, cost of developing - zero, allowing for the fact I already own a computer. Results - very pleasing. A 4 megapixel image looks really rich and sharp on a 21" monitor. With little magic helper called Adobe Photoshop, you can improve everything including retouching any wrinkles or grey hair you don't like the look of just yet! 

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 15 years ago

I got burned at one of the supermarkets for film development too.

Since then I discovered that the company that I work for has a very good deal with one of the local labs and they seem to work out at about 9 euros for 36 exp double prints plus free film.