DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Daily commute from Nice to Monaco

Posted by wendycal - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendycal - 6 years ago

This is great information! Thanks for all this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheryl-180648 - 6 years ago

Hello,

The Zou card is a better bet than the workers ticket because you can use it on any journeys you take, not just for work. Also you can take up to four friends with you who also get 50%reduction on their tickets. It's a deal!

Sorry no image available
Posted by B82 - 6 years ago

I work in Monaco and there is a monthly train ticket available for us at a cost of 40 euros.The is for nice to Monaco.I can't remember the name of the ticket when you use the machine but can look tomorrow when I am at the station if your still stuck and haven't found it.Your employer is supposed to sign a form which proves to the SNCF conductors that you do work in Monaco but this is easy to do

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheryl-180648 - 6 years ago

Hello,

The ZOU card really is a good investment. You load it with 10 trips Nice-Monaco,which can be taken in either direction. This costs 9 euros. Great value as a normal return is 7 euros. As someone else has said, you can get the card and the tickets sorted at the office outside the station - where you don't have to queue for hours.

Good luck

Cheryl

Sorry no image available
Posted by kenseaton-257801 - 6 years ago

I should have said, there's an office at Nice Ville station that deals with travel cards and such. It's outside, just to the left of the tourist office.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kenseaton-257801 - 6 years ago

If you have a job in Monaco your employer may pay for a monthly pass for you (many do) - if they take it over the year the monthly cost is about 33 euros. Quite a saving when the daily return is around 7 euros.

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 6 years ago

hi wendy -

if you plan to use the trains apart from work you may find the carte zou 50/75% a better bet rather than the cards aimed mainly at workers.

with the carte zou 50/75% you also have the option of travel for 50% reduction on other TER PACA journeys within the whole PACA region and you can take up to 3 companions for the reduced price [everyone must travel together]

you would then nominate the nice-monaco journey as your 75% reduction trajet and load the card with a carnet of 10 tickets as needed

http://www.ter-sncf.com/Regions/paca/Fr/Se_deplacer_en_TER/Avant_mon_voyage/Produits_et_prix/DetailProduit.aspx?action=liste&ctcr=KR05&mode=1

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendycal - 6 years ago

Hi Selkie,

I looked on the TER website and didn't find this page!

Thanks for the links

Wendy

Sorry no image available