DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dairy Free Products

Posted by angelak-189865 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know where I can buy Dairy Free Products (due to lactose intolerance), specifically Dairy Free Margarine. It would handy if i could buy such a product in the Biot/Antibes area, but obviously i am prepared to travel for it. Also if anyone can advise me what wording would i look for on the packaging in French to let me know that it is dairy free - french is not good at all i am afraid.
Thanks
Angela

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by irfs - 14 years ago

have you tried the Panier Vert on avenue Marechal Foch (runs parallel to Albert 1er) (Antibes) Its a health food shop and quite large.... soya in french is soja

Sorry no image available
Posted by angelak-189865 - 14 years ago

Mj,Have just returned from 3 weeks in Biot. I looked in both Carrefour and Geant for the soya based marg, but had no luck, i found the yoghurt and various other items. Could you ask your friend if they can remember the exact name of the marg and did they find it in the same section as the normal marg. Thanks Angela

Sorry no image available
Posted by angelak-189865 - 14 years ago

MJIs that the name of the spread w/c? as i am not sure what soya is in french.Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 14 years ago

My friend confirmed that the soya based products are available in Carrefour and other supermarket chains as well. And yes, they also have a spread w/c is what you might be looking for.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 14 years ago

Hi Angela,

My nephew is wheat, gluten and dairy intolerant. My Brother and sister in law were over recently with him and we found Carrefour to be very good, you can get Soya spread which actually tastes a lot like margarine and there are plenty of other products in there too.

In fact, you will find a lot of the larger supermarkets will cater for your needs

Tim 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mj-185311 - 14 years ago

I have a friend who is also lactose intolerant and she drinks soy milk.  I don't know if there is soy based margarine but I would assume so.  I think she gets it in Carrefour but I can double check and back to you on that. 

MJ