DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Diana Krall Concert in Nice ?

Posted by Dhyana-196567 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz Lord-193061 - 13 years ago

Do go - real talent in abundance does also lift the spirit!! and I thought too that the acoustics were great...Mikem is right - the departure from the car park is also interesting!

Best

Liz & Mel

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dhyana-196567 - 13 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone ..... next time someone I like comes to Nice, I will be down to buy the tickets quick as a flash in FNAC so I'm told. Is this right?

I didn't realise the venue is as good as Mikem says, and I am sure Diana was great ( even though like yourself Liz, I'm not a jazz fanatic myself ).

As far as the area being rather over priced for what the average wages ......... well, at least my wages, anyway.

I guess it takes time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mikem-181687 - 13 years ago

Between 44 and 66 euros would seem to me to be an average price for a ticket to see an artist of this type. It's worth remembering that the artist's agent and local promoter set the ticket price, not the venue.The Nikaia is also one of the best concert halls in Europe.A jazz artist is never best seen in a large "shed" of a venue, but this makes far more sense for the promoter.A show cost will not change greatly between the Albert Hall and the Nikaia, but an extra 3500 " bums on seats" make a lot of sense in revenue.Nice has long been lacking a venue worthy of the international touring circuit for a long time, but the Nikaia fills the void very well.Great sightlines, a good acoustic, and excellent technical facilities have finally put Nice on the map.Be grateful it exists, lots of acts would not come here otherwise.mikem

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz Lord-193061 - 13 years ago

If you had been to the concert last night and unfortunately I had 2 spare tickets due to friend's illness for Euros 55 it was amazing - great acoustics in the Nikaia what a fabulous talent she is - and I don't really like jazz! 
Liz & Mel

Sorry no image available
Posted by Montana99 - 13 years ago

Unfortunately, yes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dhyana-196567 - 13 years ago

oh well, missed her ...but I must admit I would have come out of the concert a little miffed and angry with regards to the ridiculous prices.

Are all concerts usually that expensive.  I mean, it's not like it's the Royal Albert Hall  !!!!!!!!!!!

I've just moved to the area and am learning with great slaps accoss my face how over priced everything is.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

You missed her.  She was in the Nikaia last night.  Tickets were available on the night 44, 55 and 66 Euros and I can tell you, great as Diana Krall is, the best tickets available at 66 Euros (35 rows back from the stage in the plastic-fantastic Nikaia) were not good value.  Diana was superb though!