DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Do you recommend Bouygues?

Posted by dplloyds - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 7 years ago

I tried putting in our phone no. that Free requests and they say we are not eligible ........ perhaps it is the same problem with the cable as we have with SFRPerhaps. If you send me the phone number by e-mail I'll get back to you with the exact technical details that will tell you what can and cannot be supported.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Simonflys-282424 - 7 years ago

This won't help at all but....I can't believe the slow SFR speeds you get in / near Nice. I'm in the Ariege Pyrenees, small village of around 200 people / 50 houses - SFR Neufbox Evolution (phone, internet, TV) with average download speed of 7.5Mbps!
Simon:-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dplloyds - 7 years ago

I tried putting in our phone no. that Free requests and they say we are not eligible. No idea why as we live on the east side of Nice not in the wilds so perhaps it is the same problem with the cable as we have with SFR? Any suggestions? I assume you can only join Free on line? Thank you all for your replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TomTom-248588 - 7 years ago

move to free, they have the best tv box and also free calls to mobile phones from the landline.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ruptoor - 7 years ago

To be quite honest...they are all missing one thing

a "Mask" if you get my drift

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChristopherL-188542 - 7 years ago

Send me your landline number by e-mail and I'll get back to you with the best possible speed that you can expect from the copper in the ground. Armed with that you can then make better informed choice of operator. My hunch is that it will be impossible to beat Free. (just came this evening from les collines de Nice (06200) where we converted a whole neighbourhood from Orange/SFR to Free for on average about +50% performance)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dplloyds - 7 years ago

That's interesting! In fact my neighbour in the flat above has now got SFR TV but they say to me that France Telecom need to upgrade their board and we cannot have TV yet.....this is after 3 years of promising as our contract included TV! That is why I thought of changing to Bouygues as they have reduced to the same price per month as SFR. If what you say is correct then there is no point in changing! Thank you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ouch that hurt !-230853 - 7 years ago

From what I understand......If SFR haven't got the right telephone lines for TV, or fast internet, then Bouygues won't either, its the same cable!these things can evolve from one street to the next.however if your neighbour has faster connection/TV etc, they might also be paying extra for it.