DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Earth Hour 2008 29/03/08 Take Part!

Posted by dkilleen - Created: 11 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 21 to 26)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dkilleen - 11 years ago

Hi Kim, I just tested the link from the original posting & it is working just fine at the moment. Alternately you can try logging on to www.earthhour.org Thanks for your interest.

Sorry no image available

It is always possible to view things in a negative way. I prefer to think positive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ameri-cannes - 11 years ago

I tried but could not gain access to the page...-Kim

Sorry no image available
Posted by marco_rossi - 11 years ago

Will this really help?

Or will it just waste a lot of electrons which will flow to earth as the power system will have excess capacity.

Normally, between 1.5% to 3% of all produced electricity flows to earth, during this hour the flow to earth will be very high as it is very hard to turn powerstations on and off.

Sorry no image available

Many of you have looked at this notice and so far 3 have signed up. Please take the time to at least look at the Earth Hour website to see how big an impact you can make by just turning off your lights for an hour. Many communities are organising a candle light vigil, perhaps we can do this next year? Feedback welcome.

Sorry no image available

People are starting to sign up!!!! Thank you for taking the time. In less than 10 hours I've watched the number grow by 5,000. And 2 of you right from here. Again, thank you. DK