DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Earthquake

Posted by wkt54-196372 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 6 years ago

I haven't seen any reports of damage. even though it gave everything a good shake , it was still pretty mild for an earthquake so probably the odd thing falling off a wall or plaster cracks would be about the extent of the damage

Sorry no image available
Posted by wkt54-196372 - 6 years ago

Was there any damage done near the epicentre?

Sorry no image available
Posted by selkie-187145 - 6 years ago

There have been a lot of small ones but another of 4.0 about half an hour ago [17.30-ish]

Sorry no image available
Posted by wkt54-196372 - 6 years ago

It's on NiceMatin.com online.

Un séisme de magnitude 4,9 a été ressenti ce dimanche soir dans le Var et les Alpes-maritimes. Son épicentre a été localisé dans les Hautes-Alpes.

La terre a tremblé pendant un peu plus de cinq secondes à 23:37 ce dimanche soir. Et réveillé des milliers d'Azuréens et de Varois.

Sorry no image available
Posted by menthal - 6 years ago

> it was just one quake but 2 centres sending info
*blush* I should have spotted that. According to that website I mentioned, we're still getting aftershocks, 1 of 3.5ish at 1 hour after, and another of same intensity just 45mins ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by George F - 6 years ago

Felt this one and also the last one on 27th January. The cat wasn't impressed this time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by five5 - 6 years ago

Nothing to worry about people, very shallow earthquake at 2 km depth, low intensity location coardinates are 44.54 6.66 in southern alps. certainly felt it i got up straight away and checked the sesimology site . 4;8. Moderate very shallow earthquake in Alpes-Maritimes area, France

Sorry no image available
Posted by charlottenovitz-266290 - 6 years ago

All the news channels announced this at 6 this morning.
One hundred and 3 years ago several villages in Bouches de Rhone were destroyed:
Salon de Provence, Lambesc, Vernegue.
My advice is not to hold your breath til the next one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kiwitrace - 6 years ago

Yep felt it up here too, in Puget Thenier, only a few seconds but quite strong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dido-203783 - 6 years ago

Thanks for all the info guys - we were woken up by the roaring noise and the doors and windows rattling here in Grasse. I suggested it was an earthquake but hubby thought not as we didn't actually feel the wobbling. Thought it might be a very low flying helicopter on way to the hospital. Checking Nice Matin online revealed nothing but as usual AngloInfo comes up trumps with up-to-date details.