DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Easy bike rides

Posted by Fosters-183924 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by marcandjen-180991 - 14 years ago

Drive up to Greolieres les Neiges -- there's a great 3km paved loop there with clear visibility and next to no traffic. Also a nice destination for kids, picnic, etc. and scenic drive. Takes about an hour from the A8 to reach Greolieres.

Sorry no image available
Posted by VictoriaB-187745 - 14 years ago

You can pick up in the mairies and office du tourisme a little booklet printed by the conseil general listing a number of bicycle rides, walks and canyonning tracks. It gives you the level of difficulty and the time it takes. The rides are all around the coast from Mandelieu up to Pégomas and Isola area.

Otherwise, a very easy flat a safe bike ride is along the water pipe line above Cannes. (le cannet) The dirt track starts on a hair pin corner up Route Serra Capeou and it goes all the way around the hill to Super Cannes area. Great views and no cars at all.

Route Serra Capeou is in Le Cannet, it is the road that goes from the old town of le Cannet to Golfe Juan (over the hill). It end at the Centre Helio Marin....I think you might have to have a look on a map !!!! I'll be happy to help you with more info if you can't find it!

Good luck!

VictoriaB

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

The words 'safe' and 'road' are mutually exclusive here.  Flat is also a rarity,  but hell will feeze over before the roads are safe.

However, the one thing the French missile aimers ('drivers') do respect is a bicycle. 

Parc de Valmasque is a good idea.  Also there's a bit of a plateau up near St. Vallier - it all depends where you live. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by mixer-186069 - 14 years ago

Hello,

Unfortunately you won't find many flat, safe roads around here, especially not at this time of year. Have you considered taking them to the valmasque woods near Sophia? Not sure how flat and rideable the paths are but it's definately a nice afternoon  out in the leafy shade....I would avoid sunday afternoons!