DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Electric wheelchair

Posted by sepia-272545 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sepia-272545 - 6 years ago

Thank you for responding to us , it helps.We are still hesitant to switch from folding light chair to electric, given the fact that the person will not be able to drive the chair and is constently assisted with carers....

Sorry no image available
Posted by thinklucky - 6 years ago

My Mother had an electric wheelchair, she lived in the Uk, it was a total God-send. When she visited us and we went to Monaco - no problems at all - biggest probl;em was , though this was several years ago, attitude of restaurant owners to having a wheelchair in their establishment, and locating disabled toilets - but thats another issue. Electric chais , release others from the burden and give autonomy, granted in Monaco theres problems to total acces with steps, if you want shortest route, but otherwise buses etc and all main places are pretty accesible. Go for it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Violetrose - 6 years ago

In my opinion; although I am not wheelchair bound; it should be relatively easy to get around Monaco in an electric wheelchair. Majority of the pavements have been modified for wheelchairs; there are certain (not every) buses that has lowered platforms for wheelchairs to enter onto the bus - you just look at the bus chart at the bus stop to see when the next one is due with the facilities.

I'll watch this spot to see what other opinions come along but for me I would say that Monaco is wheelchair friendly!