DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Electroplating

Posted by mike-179830 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Can anyone point me towards an electroplating company with which they've had a good experience?

A rather nasty allergy to nickel means that I need to get some essential parts of a chromatic harmonica silver- or gold-plated so that I can play the thing without my lips swelling to the size of Toulouse sausages (something which may be very amusing for spectators, but is no fun at all for the lip-owner).

Obviously, these are not particularly large items that need plating...

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

The chroming workshop ( Chromolux) behind the church on Nice Port will do this although if the present finish is already chromium/nickel on mild steel or brass it will have to be acid-dipped first to key.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

I don't know about France but certainly there are a few companies in the UK that I have dealt with for plating motorsport components. In the first instance you could try http://www.poeton.co.uk/ who will plate your parts and return them by mail.

If it turns out that they won't do your small order, let me know and I will give you more names, as I have a directory for such stuff here, but all UK companies.

I suggest that you phone them, UK engineering/manufacturing companies in this sector are pretty slow to get their act together to answer emails and webforms.

Mike