DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English speaking washing machine engineer

Posted by Dean Morley - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 13 years ago

We also had this problem with our washing machine and were able to contact a Mr Smith through Selection Menager, Rue Cassini Nice. He does work for this company, but if you need him to visit, I am sure if you request the English speaking engineer he will come. However the call out was 58 euros, the machine was showing no signs of belt failure or motor problems he thought it was a circuit board problem which he won't be able to fix until we return next year. He said he would probably have to come back to see the washer again, before ordering the component which I assume will cost a further 58 euros, on top of the cost of the repair, a costly buisiness. He is a man of very few words, but as he was recommended by someone on this forum I assume he knows what he is doing and is trustworthy.regards Lynnette

Sorry no image available
Posted by java-192170 - 13 years ago

Just had the same problem with our WM - water fills / empties as expected but the drum doesn't turn. Here it was either the motor or the belt. Open the back and check the belt is in place.

In our case the carbon brushes on the motor had worn down - which can be an easy replacement job. 

There is a parts place in Nice but they only sold the complete motor. I ended up ordering them from a guy on ebay(bartonrefrigeration@tiscali.co.uk) for 15quid all in.

There is also a repair place in Cannes La Bocca - D9 (Bvd Jean Moulin) on the left just north of the A8 underpass. They don't speak English but were very helpful and had lots of 2nd hand spares.

Sorry, but I cant point you at an English speaking engineer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dean Morley - 13 years ago

Thanks for that but I have cleared out the filter but it seems that the machine has stopped turning.The pump is ok.Dean Morley

Sorry no image available
Posted by reinrev5 - 13 years ago

Dean,

Have you checked the filter before calling someone in? It should be easily accessible at the bottom front of the machine but be aware that if the machine is full of sudsy water it will flow out onto the floor when you open the filter.

Sorry I can't help with a repairman. I am not a repairman and had enough trouble getting ours back up and running this morning.

Reinrev