DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Estate agents

Posted by APF-213550 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by APF-213550 - 4 years ago

Hi, i did actually know about notaires selling but haven' t investigated yet french not a problem. Finding out more horror stories about estate agents. Do any French like them? Seems Francois Holland has put quite a big damper on the market with his stringent wealth tax. Not much we can do about that though.

Sorry no image available
Posted by relocatella - 4 years ago

You can also try to sell it via a notaire. Your property won't be overpriced. Don't know if you can read French http://www.immobilier.notaires.fr/jahia/Jahia/VendreAcheterBienImmobilier

Sorry no image available
Posted by APF-213550 - 4 years ago

Thank you All for comments. Worse than we thought? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by appletrees-321263 - 4 years ago

TELL your agent what the new price is! You are paying him a hefty commission of 6% to work for you. Give him a piece of your mind! The machinations of estate agents never fail to surprise me! They are regarded as the "most distrusted" - or is it "most hated"(?) work group in UK. They are so corrupt in France - when we bought the estate agent wanted us too pay partly in cash so she could get her commission in cash - that's not so long ago!! I wanted to tell the notaire but she never left us alone with him!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rivera-Mode - 4 years ago

Totally agree with the "overpriced property of foreigners" bit..