DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Experience with Phone Expat

Posted by James Morgan - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I am about to sign up with Phonexpat who advertise on Angloinfo.  It is a bit of a risk as once signed up you are in their hands, all calls go through them and they are paid by direct debit.  I'm worried about line quality and availability.

Their International rates are very good, better than Onetel and they have an English web site and contact telpehone number, something Onetel does not seem to have or they hide it.  Strange for a telephone company.

Anyway I would be grateful for any good or bad experiences with Phoneexpat.

Thanks

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gaella - 14 years ago

I don't like the idea of having a company dig into my bank account directly. If they charge wrongly, then I have to proove I was right.  I prefer companies to which I pay a certain amount, then phone calls are deducted from that amount, such as with net2phone.com.  When no money is left in the account, then I can't make more phone calls. It's quite simple.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaaaine - 14 years ago

Hi James

I have been using phonexpat for almost 2 months now, and have had only good experiences with them. The line is exactly the same as with france telecom, (quality & availability)  except MUCH cheaper of course!! They answer all queries are promptly, and detailed a bill arrives a few days before you are debited. The very excellent thing I find is that although it is  'preselection', the 08 numbers are still billed to france telecom, thus enabling you to use the Excellent telerabais discount numbers http://www.telerabais.com/tarifs.php

If you do sign up with them, could you please use my customer number 10272 in the  advantage code section of the subscription. This will give us each l240 free minutes nationally or internationally. Thank you.

GTH, this shouldn't affect your internet connection at all.

Jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by juliaabel99 - 14 years ago

If you don't want to sign up with anyone try www.lesminutes.com - website is in english, buy your minutes in advance and just dial 3111 before the number. Most european countires are 4.9 cents a minute - not as good as phone expat but no contracts either

Sorry no image available
Posted by GTH - 14 years ago

This deal looks too good to ignore! Does anyone know what effect this will have on an ISDN (Tiscali) connection?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago