DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fields of sunflowers

Posted by Colin Remmer - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by marit-217730 - 5 years ago

The most stunning sunflowers are found among  the fields of  lavender near Valensole. The contrasting colours are  incredible - it has to be viewed to be believed photos aren't photoshopped!

Be sure to take the small winding country lanes where surprise vistas await at every turn.

The time to visit Valensole is in early July - but check on line  with the tourist office in Valensole when the harvest takes place.  After that date it's all  just grey and dusty

This link to "Route de lavande" gives you maps, inspiration and links:

http://www.alpes-haute-provence.com/les-routes-de-la-lavande?cms=Plaisir+de+découvrir&cms2=Visiter

Enjoy  :-)

Enjoy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Giraffe-234847 - 5 years ago

The Luberon in the summer. Around Gordes, Menerbes, Lacoste and such places...

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 5 years ago

There are lots of stunning sunflower fields towards the Arles region. They flower in August if I remember right! I saw them a few years ago and it really was beautiful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by crumblies - 5 years ago

Hi Colin,

Are you sure you don't mean lavender? I've visited fields of lavender up near the Gorges du Verdon. However, that was in July and quite a long way from Antibes.

I associate sunflowers with the Tour de France in its stages half way up France, before it gets this far south. And, again, that's in July. 

I stand to be corrected, however.

Regards, Mrs C