DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Finders Fee for Real Estate

Posted by cjn-195670 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Is it true in France you have to pay a finders fee to the real estate agent when looking for a rental property. Is this a common law in the entire country or is it limited to certain regions? I was told i would have to pay 800 euros as a finders fee to an agent in order for them to find me a house. I live in the SW France. Would appreciate any information you might have on this?

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tallben-185282 - 14 years ago

oh and i forgot to say, if you are looking for a properly in Nice, the best thing to do is look up. those 'A Louer' boards are everywhere at the moment

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tallben-185282 - 14 years ago

Hey!

ok so from my experence of renting appartments in Nice (06) and the var (83) normally you will have to pay an agent one months rent as a 'finding' fee ,ie. 800€ for an appartment costing 800€ a month.

However, I understand that you are gonna (or have) paid someone to find your appartment. This, in my view, is a little risky. what happens if they find something you don't like? do you have to pay?

I suggest checking in the Local press, Nice matin have an online property search, or better, take a few days to visit the area of your choice and find it yourself. Looking in windows of estate agents might be tiresome but from my experence its the best way to find the best appartments.

Think of this, if you owned a nice appartment that you wanted to rent out, would you give it to a shark or to a proper affiliated agent like Century 21 etc....