DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Firing/social security

Posted by Newby-188674 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Newby-188674 - 14 years ago

Hello

thanks for your reply - the negotiations are really just for me to see whether it would be interesting for me to be laid off or not - my boss is quite happy to keep me on but i'm wanting to set up a business of my own and he's up for helping me, so I'm just trying to see whehter I'd be better off working part time for him, or getting Assedic - I know it's naughty. According to the pdf. you linked to, I would probably be entitled to around 54% but then if you find a "part time" job, you could also then carry on claiming a little, until your salary reached the previous amount. Hope that's right

thanks for your help !

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

My ASSEDIC mole just informed me that they are keen on showing their Euro-prowess and that they can give consultations in ENGLISH if you need - wow!  Imagine the UK doing their UB40's in French?

Same chapter and verse but in the Queen's lingo ishere

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

The rules can vary depending on the "motivation" behind the layoff and whether it was covered by a "plan social" (highly unlikely in your case). Also, these rough percentages typically relate to a percentage of your previous NETT salary - i.e say about 80% of your previous brut salary less your previous sociual deductions - that might be approx. 80% x 77% which would be around 60% of previous brut.  Anyway - it all depends on your salary range and a ton of other things - so see next paragraph.

To determine your true rights to unemployment benefit, you must engage the ASSEDIC.  It would be smart to just ask them what would be your coverage for a "licenciement sec" - i.e. give no indiucation that you are actually amenable to being laid off and that you are in negotiations with your employer.  That will give you a reliable baselince for your indemnite de chomage from the ASSEDIC

Chapter and verse on the subject is here

Just out of interest - what does it really matter to you what the percentage is with respect to your negotiations?  Typically those sorts of negotiations relate to the lump sum indemnite that you get.  For the lump sum, the reference point of negotiation is what is prescribed by your particular "Convention Collective" for your trade and is not pertinent to what your monthly unemployment benefit will be.