DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fishing in Corsica

Posted by angel-187474 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by angel-187474 - 15 years ago

Oh the good old days ... memories, memories <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But NOW ... sometimes we don’t need to go anywhere ... excitement is all in the mind,  isn’t it, Rosbif !!! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosbif-185958 - 15 years ago

Damn, Angel!!

If your fishing trip is going to be this exciting... Can I come?

If you like, we can get a plane from the drop zone at Le Cannet, parachute into the bay at Propriano wearing full SCUBA gear, sporting harpoons, dive for our dinner, a brisk swim back to shore, barby on the beach....

Sorry no image available

Oh St Geoooorrrrge ... I just couldn’t mange merde! 

Would you believe I actually caught a baby barracuda with my wee collapsible once ... it was thaaaaaaaaaat .... euh ... little ... but camping all alone on a deserted isle that night ... God it was delicious!   <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The same day I’d nearly caught a barramundi ... but I was standing thigh deep in water next to a “Beware of the Crocodiles” sign  (the local tourist boat captain said there were no probs during the day with all the boating activity and the day trippers there – just stay out of the water at night) ... anyway – all of a sudden a flashing big barra came flying directly at me (chasing my lure I was reeling in) –  I got a fright (thinking yikes – croc attack!) ... screamed, threw my rod in the air and flung myself back on the beach!  Then I sheepishly noticed the silvery humped back barras circling in front of me.

I’ve highlighted your recipe on my holiday to-do list thanking you very very much.   Hmmm .... “a minor Chablis” with breakfast  ... c’est la vie!       ... or should we be worried about you, St George?

xxx A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Angel !

There is nothing wrong with mullet if it is cleaned carefully and prepared properly - but with your extensible rod , you are more likely to catch the little rock fish, which are great for breakfast cooked up in olive oil with finely chopped garlic ,parsley and a minor Chablis to wash them down !

While in Corsica , do try a Chapon ( from the fish market ) a large red ugly fish similar to the Rascasse , but superior taste - cook up in a court bouillon with some potatoes, carrots, leeks ,an onion and serve with an aioli ( garlic mayonnaise ) - you'll think you've gone to paradise !!

stgeorge

Sorry no image available

Thank you St George!  I'm sporting a big grin now.  Am so looking forward to my little adventure.  But don't tell me they actually eat mullet over here?!  Yech!  Or I wonder .. are you taking a wee pun at my little rod ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 15 years ago

Angel - This doesn't apply to you !

The law has been passed to allow only professional licensced fishermen to fish coastal waters .

Good luck with the mullet !

stgeorge