DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flashman's??

Posted by NH-189638 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Daisyflower - 14 years ago

It's been brought by some chap from Paris who appartently is going to give it a real make over and it should be come yet another "chic" place to drink.  Rumour has it that Anthony is staying which is a good sign. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - 14 years ago

Apparently it is with new owners and now undergoing intensive renovation - and I agree a bulldozer would save a lot of effort! - but hopefully it'll reappear considerably better than it was...but although it may still continue to be displayed as an 'English Pub', from what I've heard the new owners are not english! bluefin

Sorry no image available
Posted by NH-189638 - 14 years ago

I think out of all the English bars in Monaco, the Ship and castle is the nearest to a true English pub..... at least its run by English people. The prices are in fact in line with UK prices or maybe slightly higher for imported beers such as Boddingtons.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RJH-187583 - 14 years ago

...and, of course, the signposted 'King's Head - pub anglais' is actually a small, dutch owned, room on a roundabout...serving bitterballen, oude gouda and Heineken (like the Toby Jug and most other places) as its draught beer.