DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flight Nice to Carlisle

Posted by LMN-212936 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LMN-212936 - 4 years ago

Thank you for the advice. Currently working on going via Manchester, and returning on th EJ  flight direct from Newcastle. Says she hopefully. Will check out  sky scanner.

Sorry no image available
Posted by musky-211885 - 4 years ago

Correction on LovedaCote   Airlines do not pay Travel Agents commission so the agent charges a booking fee to the customer, otherwise they wouldnt earn any money and be out of business.   Booking flights for something like this best to do online yourself, cheaper and anyway seems like most of the ground work has already been done.   Great site for searching flights all airlines/companies  skyscanner.fr  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 4 years ago

It also depends what time of year you are going.

Nice/Newcastle is only a summer route.

If you go to LCY the cost of a train, from London to Carlisle,may be prohibitive, especially if you want to travel on a weekday.

Having done the journey many times, in many ways, the Liverpool one is by far the easiest as the airport bus runs every 30 mins.

Another way, if you can get a good flight time, is Birmingham International, then you can get directly from the airport to the railway station & normally can get a direct Virgin NW train to Carlisle.

Sorry no image available

Thank you for the advice Lauren. I have checked EJ out, there is no way I would risk a 11.30 pm. flight from Nice. They usually run late, and I would have to consider the person the other end driving from Carlisle to collect me. The return is OK.

I will have to check out a flight there, obviously with a stop over.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LovedaCote - 4 years ago

Have you ever thought of going to a travel agent? Instead of looking at a screen?

There are a few in all the cities on the coast. Years ago it was equal to the amount of pharmacies.

I went to South America thru Carrefour cheaper than any internet site.

I can name 2 travel agents in my little village here.

And I can guarantee that they can find you the flight you need. It is there job. You do not pay for it either, the airlines do. Plus, it is human interaction and I can go on an on about the benifits for the communtiy..

Give it a try..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kate Piercy - 4 years ago

Easyjet fly direct to Newcastle from Nice  on Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday.

Sorry no image available

Thank you. I think I am going to need the luck.

If anyone else reading this has any ideas, would be delighted to hear from you.

I am beginning to wonder if it would be better to go BA  to LCY, and catch a train north.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kentish maid-243236 - 4 years ago

As an ex Cumbrian, I think that your best way would be Nice-Liverpool or Manchester (Easyjet).

From Liverpool you can get the airport bus direct to Lime St Stn.  Then train via Wigan Bank Quay to Carlisle.

From Manchester take the train to Preston and then change there for Carlisle.

The Edinburgh flights may be tempting, but only if you have someone to meet you at the airport, Otherwise you need to get into Prince's St Stn (bus) and then Glasgow Central stn & then Carlisle.

Good luck

Sorry no image available

Thank you for your reply. If there is a direct flight aller/retour, could you let me know the airline.

thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by lauren1302 - 4 years ago

http://www.bravofly.fr/vg1/search/results.action?idRequest=3421053268

These are direct flights to Newcastle from Nice