DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flights to Zurich

Posted by J Barling - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Other than Swiss Air, is there another airline that go from Nice to Zurich? I have looked at Air France and they seem to go via Lyons. Thanks.

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

The lowest public fare Nice - Zurich on Swiss is 188 Euros (incl. taxes) is you didn't get a great bargain, but of course availability on lower fares is limited - and as usual the moral of the story is book ahead!

Sorry no image available
Posted by J Barling - 14 years ago

Thank you to everyone that has replied, it was all very helpful stuff. I have now managed to get a flight for 260euros return Nice to Zurich   direct. Not the cheapest I know. If only EJ flew there. Maybe one day.

Thanks JB

Sorry no image available
Posted by donnahelyer - 14 years ago

The Cheapest way I found was Easyjet Nice-LGW/LTN  LGW/LTN-Zurich Zurich-LTN  LTN-Nice But the only way is to stay the night(about 70euros a night) and fly back the next morning/evening. Luton have more flights going out than Gatwick.

A bit of a pain i know.

Thats what we did.

Donna

Sorry no image available

It's approx. 3 hours Geneva - Zurich and if you buy the ticket as you arrive it will be cheaper than booking through website which charges commision + exchange fees.  It is quite unneccessary to advance book.

There are at least 3 trains an hour throughout the day on major routes in Switzerland.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I'm currently looking in to the same need (Nice-Zurich).  Rail connection appears to be about 3 hours from Geneva to Zurich airport and you would also need to get from Geneva airport to Geneva train station from my very old memories of the place.  Costs seem to be about US$64 each way plus additional booking fee options.

More details are here

Sorry no image available

Do you know if the train is straight through from Geneva to Zurich. I have got the train from here once, but it was a bit of a pain what with the tunnel being closed from Monaco to Menton. I had to go to Italy first. I also looked at going  to Gatwick with Easy jet then onto Zurich but the connections were not very good. Swiss air was quite expensive that is why I am looking for another way.

Sorry no image available

Yes, that did cross my mind. Thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

If you're looking primarily for CHEAP then you can fly German Wings to Cologne and from there to Zurich--particularly good if you don't want to buy a round trip ticket.

Lana

Sorry no image available

No,  but EasyJet go to Geneva and you could rail to Zurich.  If the flight is cheap enough that might pay you