DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flying to the North of England in February

Posted by Helping Hand-276244 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ras-214972 - 5 years ago

BA now fly LHR to Leeds (from December onwards), so a connection is possible if you want to avoid car/train.

Sorry no image available
Posted by yachtman-873457 - 5 years ago

I go to Leeds once a month.

I use Easyjet to Liverpool, and hire a car.  Mid afternoon flight out, and lunchtime flight back.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bunnygirl-291679 - 5 years ago

Suggest Nice to Gatwick and then another easyjet flight or take the train.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Frou-Frou - 5 years ago

We are going to Edinburgh at the end of the year; the best way for us was to fly from Nice to Gatwick and get a connection from there to Scotland.  As you probably know, it is cheaper if you book very soon.  Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 5 years ago

When I go to visit my elderly father who now lives in a place called Scarborough in the North East of the UK I take an Easyjet flight to Luton(or Stansted) and hire a car and drive,a relatively simple procedure and allows you the freedom of your own transport without the restrictions of limited mileage which seems to be so prevalent with most French vehicle hire rental schemes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

well, on looking on the nice airport website you can go to manchester or leeds or newcastle at that time - it's not direct (or particlarly economical) but definately possible, via amsterdam or frankfurt or brussels.

The search engine on the airport website checks 400 lowcost& mainline airlines for you. Travelling via one of these european hubs may seem out of the way but has got to be better than trying to do it on the train!