DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free Mobile 19.99

Posted by stevie g-252342 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by charchoc123 - 5 years ago

Mine lost service after a week in the uk, don't know if this is normal..... Came back as soon as we hit Calais 

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingm-121608 - 5 years ago

Hi does free roam ok if I need to use it in the uk

Sorry no image available
Posted by cigalle - 5 years ago

It seems there is no sollution to this problem, so I've decided to change to Bouygues Telecom (B &YOU) they have more or less the same offer. But would still like to hear from any one who is with B&YOU who can assure me that they receive text messages from the UK

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kate V - 5 years ago

Hi, I have the same problem. Just signed up with Free(19,99) can send texts to UK but not receive them, Free customer service were no help, they insisted it was the fault of the sender in the UK, which is clearly not the case as it's specific to my Free account. I have resorted to using an old UK prepay phone for texting to the uk (which is actually cheaper, I think 7 or 8 pence cf 19 cents), but its annoying to be carrying around multiple phones.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cigalle - 5 years ago

I have had my Free sim card (19.99 €) for a week and can't receive SMS from the UK. Have contacted Free 3 times about this and must say I've had no trouble getting hold of their assistance lines, but they can't solve the problem or give me a satisfactory answer so I'm considering going to Bouygues Telecom (B &YOU) who have the same offer. Is there anyone out there using B & YOU who can assure me that they receive SMS from the UK and other countries. I don't want to be caught out again.I had a mobicard for years and never had any trouble.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pennychanteuse - 5 years ago

HI SEG, I have the same problem - it drives me nuts. I can successfully send SMS abroad & they are received but I don't receive the replies. I thought at first my friends & family were ignoring me!! They can't call me from abroad either. I haven't as yet attempted talking to Free yet but have been summoning up courage to call the support because techy stuff in french isn't exactly my forte. Very disheartening to hear that Free can't rectify it for you. What to do. Any ideas anyone please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by SEG - 5 years ago

Hi all,
I've been with free for 6 months and have never been able to receive SMS from overseas. Does everyone else have this problem? Ive contacted free a few times and they have not been able to offer me any solutions..

Sorry no image available
Posted by niceUser08 - 6 years ago

Thanks, I'll give their international number a try later this week ( +33 1 78 56 95 60) as I won't be able to call that shorter number from my mobile.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 6 years ago

As far as I am aware there isn't a direct contact email address,take a look at these links and see if you can find a solution.
Looking at the dates you mention I would suggest maybe waiting another week or so,failing that I reckon a possible way forward would be a telephone call to the 3244 number by someone who could explain the situation.

http://mobile.free.fr/contact.html
http://mobile.free.fr/assistance/

Sorry no image available
Posted by niceUser08 - 6 years ago

Hi, does anybody have an email contact for Free.fr customer support as I'm guessing freemobile@free-mobile.fr is not a monitored email address. My sim card never arrived and my French is definitely not up to a technical conversation.