DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free mobile network

Posted by Ba&Ke - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeighA - 5 years ago

B&YOU offers the same prices as FREE and with B&YOU you'll receive texts from abroad.

Sorry no image available
Posted by 1850stjeannet - 5 years ago

Personal experience beyond above 2 minor hiccups I'd say its brilliant, my wife who is French and complains a lot (whoops - sorry dear!) was with SFR for years and now swears by Free - she gets for 15.99 unlimited calls, with the BIG plus she can ring from her mobile our son at Uni in UK regfularly to check he's washed behind his ears et all!  My wife CAN receive and send foreign textos, its just me on my 2 Euro tarif that can't. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by SunnySue-315619 - 5 years ago

I was thinking of switching to Free but I keep hearing negative things. It seems it's cheap but not very efficient!

Sorry no image available

Stuart - totally agree it does - what it doesn't explain is that it seems - well at least as far as my own experience has shown - that you will not actually receiv SMS's sent from overseas, which is a bit of a downer for ex-pat. Though at a rate of 2 Euros per month clearly one can't get everything. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 5 years ago

"me on my 2 euro tarif - fine for national messages but forget it for overseas messages."

In fact it does state on the homepage http://mobile.free.fr/ the details concerning the 2€ forfait.

60 minutes /mois d'appels en France
60 SMS /mois en France

Sorry no image available

Think it might depend on your tarif - my wife on 19 euro tarif gets overseas text messages, me on my 2 euro tarif - fine for national messages but forget it for overseas messages. 

We BOTH experience either long delays or non-receipt of voicemail messages on a regular but sporadic basis - not great - apart from that the rest of the service is top-notch. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeighA - 5 years ago

Yes, I do not get messages from many countries outside France- none from England, Poland etc..

Sorry no image available
Posted by stuart06-195098 - 5 years ago

When are you talking about,this morning? I have received SMS messages.