DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free webpages?

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,

I want to design my own webpage however am going to need quite a lot of space as it will be mainly for pictures of products.

Can anyone recommend a good and free service (or at least one that doesnt cost a bomb), which offers about 30 - 50MB of free space, and also allows for multiple pages.

If you can, please email me as I think providing free advertising for a free webpage company might break the AngloInfo rules or something.

Cheers

Max

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SGH-209817 - 11 years ago

there are some online website designers. you design it they host it for free.

www.freewebs.com

www.tripod.com

many more

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brightstar-189376 - 14 years ago

I don't understand why people try to go for these cheapo hosting sites.  For all you know, they will go under tomorrow and your site is down, kaput.  There are many good, reputable firms that do not charge a fortune, offer a secure server with back-up facilities plus a ton of other good services.  I use Shared Knowledge in the UK - for around £250 per annum you get peace of mind and all the bolt-ons you might require.  I don't have the URL to hand, so check out on google or wherever.  I'm not promoting them, just offering them as a suggestion.

Brightstar x

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 14 years ago

Relating your own good experience with a Web host is fine.

A Web hosting company promoting itself is not.

-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

woops - meant to press the e-mail button but hit reply instead.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

i use freeservers - nobbad.  i pay a nominal amount to keep ads off and get ftp access.