DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French child benefit

Posted by JJackson - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

as a Brit living here and paying into the French social fund each month I stupidly didnt realise that I am entitled to at least €600 per month child benefit with further payments towards rent, and a single parent premium too, although I only just discovered this. The local CAF (Caisse allocation familiale) were really helpful . I'd advise all parents too look into it

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hector's helper - 14 years ago

have successfully just made a back dated claim (you can be backdated up to two years provided that you can prove that your child benefit payments from the uk have been stopped). Monthly amount for two children 110 Euros. CAF very helpful, didn't need to produce carte de séjour, but helps if you speak good French

hope this helps

a helpful hint from
hector's helper

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I'm a little surpised that you say your entitlement is 600€ PLUS the additional payments.  I can believe 600 inclusive of all the single parent top-ups but to be eligible for 600€ as pure child benefit you'd need to have 6 kids all under the age of 16 or else something like 4 or 5 kids over the age of 16 but younger than 20.  Not impossible but rather unlikely.

See here for a related posting.

Good luck claiming your due benefits - especially as you have been contributing!

Sorry no image available
Posted by coolas - 14 years ago

Are you working?  How many children do you have?  I am a working single mother and get 158E a month - does that sound right to you?

Also, I thought I was probably the only brit single mother on the Riviera - do you know others?  Want to meet sometime?  Drop me an e-mail if you're interested.

Peace