DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French conversation and a glass of wine....?

Posted by Topsy-194736 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tila - 13 years ago

Hi !

I 'm French and would be very happy to have both french and english conversations with you if you are interested.

Please contact me.

L.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pervinca - 14 years ago

Hello

Am interested in this practical idea, am in the same boat, I teach English and go home and speak in  Italian to my Hungarian-born partner (our common language) so I'm making hardly any progress with  spoken French, and am often rendered mute by the machine-gun fire speed of most French speakers!  

I live in the centre of Nice. If someone can get together a group I'd be glad to join.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pervinca - 14 years ago

Hello

Am interested in this practical idea, am in the same boat, I teach English and go home and speak in  Italian to my Hungarian-born partner (our common language) so I'm making hardly any progress with  spoken French, and am often rendered mute by the machine-gun fire speed of most French speakers!  

I live in the centre of Nice. If someone can get together a group I'd be glad to join.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

When I first arrived in Spain I stayed in a pension for about six weeks before I got an apartment. There was an Austrian guy staying there whose Spanish was about on the same (low) level as mine, so we used to go out and eat dinner together, armed with dictionaries and converse in atrocious Spanish, as he didn't speak English and I didn't speak German. This was a wonderful way to learn Spanish, as we weren't embarrassed about making mistakes and we had no other means of communication. When we got stuck, one of us would search in dictionary for the Spanish word, and then the other one would look up the same word to find the meaning. It worked a treat.

Lana

Sorry no image available

When I first arrived in Spain I stayed in a pension for about six weeks before I got an apartment. There was an Austrian guy staying there whose Spanish was about on the same (low) level as mine, so we used to go out and eat dinner together, armed with dictionaries and converse in atrocious Spanish, as he didn't speak English and I didn't speak German. This was a wonderful way to learn Spanish, as we weren't embarrassed about making mistakes and we had no other means of communication. When we got stuck, one of us would search in dictionary for the Spanish word, and then the other one would look up the same word to find the meaning. It worked a

Lana

Sorry no image available

When I first arrived in Spain I stayed in a pension for about six weeks before I got an apartment. There was an Austrian guy staying there whose Spanish was about on the same (low) level as mine, so we used to go out and eat dinner together, armed with dictionaries and converse in atrocious Spanish, as he didn't speak English and I didn't speak German. This was a wonderful way to learn Spanish, as we weren't embarrassed about making mistakes and we had no other means of communication. When we got stuck, one of us would search in dictionary for the Spanish word, and then the other one would look up the same word to find the meaning.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by Topsy-194736 - 14 years ago

Hi Bex,

We're In Cannes. Where are you?

Topsy

Sorry no image available
Posted by reikibecky - 14 years ago

Hi,

Where abouts are you based?  I think it's a great idea.  After all practice makes perfect and wine always helps with the flow!

Bex