DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

french courses

Posted by halbye@aol.com - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by halbye@aol.com - 5 years ago

Hello Bergtoraben and John112,

Thank you for the advice, I'll check it out asap.

xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by john122 - 5 years ago

Hello Rik,

welcome to the area. I suppose you are working in Sophia Antipolis too?

In my case, my employer recommended a French school for foreigners in Sophia, Elika Training (try googling that). Opt for group courses for beginners, because doing solo would be very expensive. You will need at least 40 hours to get a basic understanding of the language (well French language is full of irregular verbs which make it a bit of a challenge - in the beginning at least).

If you need more info please do ask.

Best Rgds,

Sorry no image available
Posted by bergtoraben - 5 years ago

Hi Rikke. 

I think it might be best for you to look for schools in Cannes or Antibes. The College International de Cannes and Centre International d'Antibes are popular I think. 

Held og lykke!

Bergthora

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alexis ITConnection - 5 years ago

Hello,

You are going to find this strange comming from a french guy, but of what I see every day, the best way of learning french is to speak with them, find french friends , and even the other way around , when french people go to England best way is to be with the english, once starting to understand some words then some small courses can help you correct some words, but I have seen english friends spend a lot of money in courses and other leanring outside and guess who speaks better : )

Alexis