DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French/English School - Mouans Sartoux

Posted by mike_n - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

Good point LIML. Equally, I wasn't sure if mike_n was referring to primaire, collège or lycée... 

Hmm, come to think of it, 'school' is such a nicely generic word - makes me sometimes wish the French could KISS as well as kiss.. ;-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

Interesting info No.6 but the only 50/50 programs that exist to my knowledge are in primary.

The CIV covers collège/lycée years and the Association that runs the English language section at the CIV also happen to run the 50/50 primary that I mentioned in the previous note.  Their premise/program extensions are related to collège and lycée plans (albeit the St. Martin primary extension also gets a brief mention)

Sorry no image available
Posted by vcheng - 13 years ago

You are correct - sort of.

There is a 2nd school which is running a 50-50 English-French curriculum for primary age children. Haut-Sartoux used to be the only one -- but last year and this year St. Martin (just outside Mouans-Sartoux) in Mougins is running the "pre-CIV" track program.

Eric Gyss is the headmaster. He is very nice and helpful.

The school is very very full -- so depending on your child's age, it might not be possible to get in. It's as full as Haut-Sartoux...

We know all the above because our daughter is in CE1 at St. Martin, in the bilingue section.

Good luck........

Email me at vscheng@yahoo.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

Not sure about Mouans-Sartoux particularly, but the CIV (ISSA) is changing its premises & structure and will be expanding its international curriculum across several local schools in future - see the newsletter and powerpoint presentation here: http://www.civissa.org/news/whatnew.htm

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

You are possibly confusing Mouans Sartoux with Haut Sartoux.

The primary in Haut Sartoux has operated 50/50 French/English for the CM1/CM2 classes for about 15 years and has extended to CE1/CE2 and CP since 1994 - so hardly very new.

However, there are "newish" initiatives to extend the Haut Sartoux primary formula out into other primary schools.  For example St. Martin primary in Mougins is extending its class coverage this year.

I don't know of any other 50/50 primary schools beyond those mentioned.