DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French Strike on Tuesday?

Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by indigo-185290 - 15 years ago

check out this link.  It has info on the strikes/demonstrations for today, May 27 and June 2/3

http://www.expedia.com/daily/edit/alerts/May2003/May06-03EuropeStrikes.asp?CCheck=1

Sorry no image available
Posted by bridget j-183853 - 15 years ago

Runaway's right. I heard that it would only last 1 day, but it's best to check with your airline tomorrow to know whether they're going to be on strike or not and exactly how long it is going to last.

Bridgetpostamble();

Sorry no image available
Posted by Runaway-182887 - 15 years ago

I'm in the UK so I don't know too much except that UK Airline web sites are warning of disruptions to flights due to the French strike. If it's like the one the other week it will only last for one day, and people,in the cities at least,will strike (I barely noticed the last one and we only knew because I got a text message from the UK about it). However, the following day, when I was talking to people at Nice airport who'd been delayed on the the strike day, NOT all flights had been cancelled so you should check with the airline and still turn up on the day for your flight. It appears that not all airlines use the French baggage handlers and ancilliary staff, so you may be one of the lucky ones.  Good luck and safe journey.........

xx