DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Furnishing an apartment

Posted by marym-197464 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

We are completing the purchase of an apartment in Nice on Friday next and need to buy the basic furniture within 10 days.Will the likes of Ikea or Fly deliver within this timescale?Also where can we buy beds in Nice for immediate collection by us? marym

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by marym-197464 - 13 years ago

Thanks for the advice. We would love to hire a van and drive to Ikea but I am terrified of the French Motorways, and have never driven a van. Does anyone know how long does it take for Ikea to deliver? We intend to hire a car and go there on Saturday. I was reluctant to order on the net.We have no Ikea in Ireland and I could not get Ikea in England to send me a catalogue, anyway I would like to see things in store for myself.It is good to know that Fly have an assembly obtion. What about Ikea?marym

Sorry no image available
Posted by Katherine-186137 - 13 years ago

Hi,

i often furnish appartments in one week in Cannes, these appartments are used for rentals and ordering furniture can easily be done.  Ikea is great as they have the widest choice, if I were you I would hire a van from Budget drive to Ikea and just full it with all the furniture you need, as they have there stuff on sight...sometimes they have to order the larger stuff but then you will just have to choose something else, for the price and the variety you can't beat it.

Katherine

Sorry no image available
Posted by lynnettejane - 13 years ago

Hi there we used Fly in Monaco, ordered the furniture on the Saturday, they delivered on the following Wednesday. We also paid the extra to have them assemble it and it was well worth it as we were due to leave within the next couple of days. It wasn't cheap but as I say it was worth it. We also used Fly in Rue Cassini, they also delivered quickly but we weren't so impressed by the way they put a chest of drawers together.regards Lynnette