DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting faulty goods from Carrefour fixed?

Posted by SLC-196742 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SLC-196742 - 13 years ago

Well, the damage assessment expert never materialised, but a "technician" came round yesterday and fixed the problem very efficiently.

After the initial stress of wondering if everything would all turn out OK - we are very pleased with the service.

I think it was definitely worth making a big fuss with Carrefour in the beginning and insisting that we weren't going to be satisfied with shoddy goods or service.

Thanks for all your messages.

SLC

Sorry no image available

Update

I've spoken to the supplier (a very nice man). Delivery of the items is insured for damage; therefore, an "expert" will come round in the next 10 days to make an assessment so that he can make a claim.

In the meantime, he has placed another order to replace the damaged goods.

Hopefully, it's all going to turn out OK.

Thanks for all your messages.

SLC

Sorry no image available

I've just managed to get in contact with the promoter - they promise to be in touch tomorrow to arrange for the items to be picked up.

I'll keep you all posted!

Sorry no image available

Unfortunately, I can't take the item back and get a refund - it's a bit too big. It was also sold by a "promoteur".

Although the man at Carrefour seems very helpful, I'm wondering if it's worth sending a registered letter.

SLC

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 13 years ago

SLC, I agree. Go and get a cash refund as quickly as possible and buy elsewhere. I had a similar experience in the past. After waiting several weeks for a replacement part, I took the item back, got a cash refund, and bought the same item at Darty across the road.Pumuckel

Sorry no image available
Posted by michaelh-184806 - 13 years ago

a couple of years ago I bought a vacuum cleaner, on opening the box I noticed the long tubular handle had a crack in a plastic attachment, so I took it all back the next day, with the receipt.  I was told that the two metal handle tube things were not from the same machine and it was suggested that I had switched them, they were both in unused form, I tried to explain that I had just emigrated here and I didnt have much in the way of possessions and certainly not another vacuum, they didnt buy it.... they wouldnt exchange it and I have a vacuum with a very odd handle that is now fixed together with tape.

I havent bought any other white goods from there since. Thieving Gypsy B......s

I now buy at Darty and their aftersales service was superb when I needed it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tres-196587 - 13 years ago

Can't speak for the Antibes branch. However, we have been waiting since April for a replacement sunbed, having discovered  damage upon unwrapping I would agree with our friend who suggested you take a refund.

Hope it works out for you!

Tony and Anita

Sorry no image available
Posted by ivi - 13 years ago

Take it back with your receipt and get a cash refund.