DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting money that is owed

Posted by citic-213768 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

thank you 

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

It may take a bit of time to do the injunction.  I would recommend to go to the TI and talk to the person at the information desk,  explain the situation and have all necessary papers to start a law suit.  If you master the French language, then it would be better to represent yourself, not to have a lawyer which costs money.  At the end of the process, when a judgement is reached, all your fees would, in theory, be refunded by the other party but... if the person does not have the means to pay, then it would be entirely for yourself...

Good luck for it all,

N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

thanks , How long does the TI  take to make a decision  and do i have to pay someone  to represent me ? or is it a question of fililing the papers and afew weeks later its a yes or No 

thanks in advance 

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Tribunal d'Instance (TI for short) for amounts up to 4000 euro, if I remember correctly, and above this amount, just for your information, it is the Tribunal de Grande Instance (TGI for short).  Depends where you live, these two tribunals can be either in Nice (both) or in Cagnes for the TI and Grasse for the TGI, or maybe Cannes for both, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps,

N.