DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting to Ste-Maxime

Posted by JohnnyF-187618 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnnyF-187618 - 14 years ago

Many thanks to everybody for their help.  Not yet decided but inclined to take the difficult way - makes a holiday more interesting! John Franke
London

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nice&Easy - 14 years ago

I Travel on a regular basis and hire a car £125-£140 5 day hire smallest one available or i use a taxi firm nice - st tropez usually 110 euros out of season have paid as little as 80 euros 1 way up to 7 people once!

My advice shop around local for some one who you can use on a regular basis also be able to phone before hand and book a pickup at the airport.

Tried that site mentioned seemed exspensive to me 68 euros per person! each way so for 2 on a round trip there price quoted was 400 euros

good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by pigtails - 14 years ago

Actually I live in Sainte Maxime (stm), & often go home to England, I can tell you now, the public transport to arrive here is not the easiest! From the airport you take the bus to Saint Raphael (sr) & change for the bus to Sainte Maxime, or you can take the train to sr but you have to cross all of nice to get the train!! by the time you have done all this, you will have lost a day, spent a fortune & will now hate France & the french!! I agree with supergrasse hire to a car is easier, however you maybe dont want a car the whole time your here, there is a great site "airport transfer service" advertised on angloinfo, who do a great service for the same price as the bus etc.. with no hassle & they speak english!! I'd try that!!

pigtails

Sorry no image available
Posted by martinb-185976 - 14 years ago

Train Nice - St. Raphael and from there you have to take a bus. Wil take you about 2 hours in total.

Bon voyage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SuperGrasse - 14 years ago

Hire a car - it is the only sensible way to get around France...

Long distance buses are a joke and the train......

SG