DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gift for neighbours

Posted by dakra-257889 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dakra-257889 - 5 years ago

Thanks all for your replies, I was thinking of spending €20 - €30 per present and had already considered wine. Just wondering if anything else might be suitable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

My experience with local French neighbours is that they often prefer a very nice bottle of red wine rather than champagne (especially in that 20 to 25 Euro price range!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 5 years ago

If in doubt, a bottle of good quality champagne (20 - 25€) (not wine) always goes down well and with Christmas and the New Year coming ........,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ba&Ke - 5 years ago

It depends how much you want to spend and how well you know them. It could be anything from chocolates to wine or champagne or something more personal like a cocktail shaker, Biot glass or something typically English if it's appropriate (how about a Christmas pudding?? I gave one to my neighbours a couple of years ago, they had heard about English Christmas pudding and were really intrigued and loved it!).

Sorry no image available
Posted by fatlessfruitloaf - 5 years ago

Why don't you ring Kate who is in Gulf Juan. She has 2 solid silver Ralph Lauren serving trays for 80 euro for both for sale. They came off a yacht. Polish them and there you are - 2 x 40 euro gifts. Be even more enterprising and get some dried dates and figs and stuff them with marzipan and put them on the trays and encase all this in plastic with a bow. Add a bottle of wine and your neighbours have a great holiday gift and a lovely tray when the dried fruit has been eaten. One good service deserves another. Kate is on: 06 42 24 79 23. Tell her the girl she spoke to earlier re: glass sculptures recommended you to call her regarding the trays. Hurry or I might buy them myself.