DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gluten free Produce

Posted by Si-180835 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bibba-196776 - 15 years ago

Hi all - Satoriz bio shop - I think the road is called Route Bernard ? on the way from Antibes to Vallauris and they do home deliveries (as does Panier Vert)

04 97 21 31 18, satoriz.vallauris@wanadoo.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 15 years ago

These are all great tips!  Thanks.  As Leslie knows, I too am a Celiac and find it very difficult to find nice gluten free products in CdA.  I love the products from www.glutenfree.com they are fantastic and plenty.  The only problem is, they don't ship international (from US).  I travel frequently, so its not really such a problem for me.  Although, I often wonder what the vigi-pirate inspectors will think when they find my bags full of white powders!  If any of you would like to try something from their store, let me know.  I will be arriving CdA from US on Sept 1 and don't mind carrying a bit (please, only a few pounds) for a fellow gluten avoider.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PmsAvenger - 15 years ago

In Nice (near Avenue Jean Médecin), you may find something at Biotope shop, 35, Avenue du Maréchal Foch.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irfs - 16 years ago

Mike!!! there was nothing pervious in our previous postings (Si and me) (and if there was, he wrote it, not me)

and yes JVDH we do know each other very well and I do know he hasnt got celiac disease,  which he didnt even mention in his posting - and I was replying to that. He asked for a gluten free source and if you read my entire two line reply you may find it contained an address of a Bio shop.

Blimey its hot in here!

Sorry no image available
Posted by jvdh - 16 years ago

Mike, thanks for the notice. I’m quite new to both the area, hence the forum.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Will keep it in mind and point well taken.

Lana, I didn’t know all that you mentioned. I know it from a (girl)friend who has MS. Thanks for the kind words and I hope you have some understanding and take acceptance of my previous posting.

JvdH

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

jvdh:

Sorry about your daughter. I'm sure it's tough on her at her age.

You might be interested to know that there are other medical conditions where people have found improvement by avoiding gluten: autism, lupus, thyroid disease, ADD, MS, autoimmune disorders bipolar disorder and arthritis.

In most of the above cases it is necessary to also eliminate dairy and sugar.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

jvdh: I think you may find (from pervious postings) that Si and irfs know one another - the jocularity is grounded in familiarity.

Having said that, it's often worth remembering, when posting, that not everyone using the Forum is aware of its history...

Sorry no image available
Posted by jvdh - 16 years ago

To all who participated to this forum and especially Lana. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My reply to IRFS was a further explanation to the Celiac disease, Leslie made references to the disease before IRFS relied. Having a daughter (6 yrs. old) who is a Celiac, perhaps some of my own frustrations came out. No intentions my side to be offensive to anyone and apologies if it was interpreted that way.

Si, most health food stores can order gluten free products, including bread, if asked and notified beforehand.

JvdH

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twilight-186781 - 16 years ago

I know there are 2 bakeries in antibes as my old flatmate used to have the same condition. Though I know these bakeries exist you'd have to ask around where they are located as my flat mate is somewhere in miami now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 16 years ago

Good grief! You mean there are topics that are sacred and should never be joked about? The light-hearted remark about being a hippy came nowhere close to being offensive and celiac disease was already mentioned in the previous post by Leslie.

Lana