DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gmail

Posted by amj-196349 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 13)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 15 years ago

Google don't spy as such, they use your toolbar searches to help define relevancy. You can turn off the feature anyway by turning off advanced features.

Personally Im taking up my invite to gmail, I have always trusted Google and hope I can continue trusting ONE big oline company.

Sorry no image available
Posted by amj-196349 - 15 years ago

Yes but according to Google it's done automatically there's no person involved. I'm not sure that makes a difference!

I've Adaware and Spyblaster installed. Would these pick up any spyware from Google?

In the end I did try to register but I must have done something wrong because I haven't received any notification from them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 15 years ago

Gmail "reads" your e-mail messages so as to attach relevant advertising copy to your correspondence.

Personally, I try to avoid as many Big Brother technologies as possible, though I'm often shocked at how willingly people will submit for either rewards or convenience.

In Barcelona, the Baja Beach Club has offered their customers the option of having a chip implanted under their skin to enable them to enter the VIP Lounge and also pay for their drinks by having their arm scanned. A reporter from the BBC was one of the latest guinea pigs.

And it looks like tiny RFID chips will soon be implanted in everything you buy, as well as into Euro notes, broadasting radio signals to announce what brand of underwear you wear, how much money you carry, etc., so perhaps, resistance is futile in the end!

Lana