DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Good French & UK Sites for Latest Computer Kit?

Posted by Crayfish2004 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

I've used www.computeruniverse.net Because they are based in Germany the taxes and prices are lower, but you have avoid products that may be too German localised, like keyboards. They have an English website and are happy to reply to questions in English

I bought a new hard disc and memory for my laptop there when I just couldn't find it anywhere else.  I see they now have 319 motherboards listed

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crayfish2004 - 14 years ago

Many Thanks Guys for the Info.

I've used some of the sites you mention and the experience has generally been good. I'll now check out the ones I didn't know.

Thanks once again.

Crayfish

Sorry no image available
Posted by lob-189383 - 14 years ago

try here:
http://www.digitlabs.com/php/home.php

It's in Savona but prices are good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Hey Crayfish,

a few months ago this very topic was discussed on here and the results can be found in this thread.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

I backup what Ian says.  LDLC are the best in France for component shopping by Internet.  They have a great range of recent stuff, their search engine and shopping basket is very nicely designed, their prices are VERY competitive, recently they have been offering free delivery, their returns policy is fair and, if your French is up to it, you can participate in their online customer forums/reviews and get some very good idea of how others have appreciated the products that interest you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ian81-188951 - 14 years ago

I have used www.ldlc.fr a couple of times and been pleased with their prices / service.