DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Good online estate agent recommendation please...

Posted by alx-189416 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Can anyone recommend a good online estate agent? (english not necessary!)

Tx

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by squeezy99-198138 - 13 years ago

I have just bought a house privately via www.pap.fr and it was just what I had been looking for for many months on the internet.  When I finally went to look the owner had just advertised via one of the big immobilier chains here and they had increased the price by €50,000, but we have actually paid less than the owner had asked - bargain!

Many of the French descriptions are not true to what an English person understands.  I spent a day with a very good Englishman who runs an Immobilier here and he took us to see houses that were advertised by his French partners. He was often taken aback by their descriptions - a house described as having 2 bedrooms downstairs was built so you had to walk through one to get to the second.  Houses that were semi detached often did not mention this in the online description.  Beware of the so called English sites, they are just fronts for French immos and often it takes days, or weeks, to get information on a property they advertise.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by MrNobody - 13 years ago

There are two main property portals in  France - www.seloger.com , as mentioned earlier, and www.openmedia.fr . Most stuff ends up on these websites (posted by the actual agents).

Agree that it's worth checking www.pap.fr though, to save on fees.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anglo2005 - 13 years ago

hi do it yourself and save thousands of euros...

www.pap.fr

there is no commission and used by all the locals...

Get over it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karo K. - 14 years ago

You must speak to Edward Glossop at Haussmann Real Estate. He is marvellous, and you can get him on 0610 35 55 48

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jens_scott - 14 years ago

I know of a very good one......

http://www.est8net.com/

Nice Norwegian people in Valbonne good site and good knowledge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

Nick laletin at www.coast-country.com

Bought through Nick and he was brilliantly unorthodox, totally professional and 100% reliable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monaco Max-189694 - 14 years ago

It depends to a certain extent where, and what it is you are looking to buy. If you email me by return, I am sure I will be able to help, or at very least put you in touch with the right person.

MAX (of Monaco)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Carolebay-180697 - 14 years ago

Hi There,

For property for sale by notaires try www.immonot.com The website covers all regions of France and buying through a notaire could save you a bit on agents fees.

Also www.1st-for-french-property.co.uk covers the whole of France.

Carole

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonyc-192811 - 14 years ago

Depends on which area, but we have just used Eric Lecat Immobilier in Seillans (Fayence) and found him to be honest and trustworthy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 14 years ago

Alx,

There are many good online estate agencies around, I have looked into it extensively, it depends on what you are looking for, do you have a property which you want to let out or sell or are you looking for somewhere.

Let me know and I`ll send you my recommendations

NEVER FAR AWAY

SPIDEY