DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

good walks in Cannes area

Posted by brockster - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

Just to let you know, I went to the Cannes Tourist office last week and asked for this book. They told me that they did not have any more and did not know if they were getting any more soon. Hopefully you can get it at another office location.

Leslie

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 14 years ago

The "Guides Randoxygene" Myop mentioned are available at most Tourist Offices. They are full colour A5 size booklets and are a great introduction to local walks (also editions for VTT, Canyoning etc). Look for the "Rando Pays Côtier" book for coastal walks in the Pay Cannois area. If you don't see the booklets on display in a Tourist Office, ask at the desk, there're bound to be some.

Each route is described clearly, in fairly simple French and each walk has a map, as well as a graphic guide to difficulty and gradient (from easy to "sportif"). The paths themselves are clearly marked with yellow painted markers along the way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Myop - 14 years ago

Estorel is great and there is a lot of it to explore.The Ile Ste Margurite. Boat ride from Cannes = 20 mins and then walk around/across the island.From Theoule/La Napoule westwards on the sea front. Some places you have to go back up to the road for a while but it always cuts back down to the sea at some point.From Juan les Pins you can walk right around the Cap d'Antibes to Antibes, mostly on ther seaside foot path.The Conseil general publishes "Guides Randoxygene" for walkers and hikers. There are editions for seaside, inland, back country, and mountains. I had a set from 2000 but I think they are still published.See:http://WWW.cg06.fr/sports/sports-guides.htmlhttp://www.crt-riviera.fr/ern3art_parcs_en.cfm

Sorry no image available
Posted by cab-182963 - 14 years ago

The Valmasque or there's a botanic walk near Pegomas I think.C.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RichTT - 14 years ago

Esterel! There are several hundred kms of trails around the Esterel, with superb views.