DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Grand Prix

Posted by Linda Caird-193057 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know if there would be any tickets left for the standing areas at the Grand Prix and if so what these areas are like for a decent view.If we just went along to the Grand Prix would we be able to see anything from anywhere, or could we at least soak up the atmosphere.Its our first year here and my partner is desperate to go being a Grand Prix addict.

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

Stay at home and watch it on tele !stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 14 years ago

Hi Linda,

The GP circuit is covered on all sides in such a way as to make it pretty much impossible to watch the race if you do not pay. That means buying a ticket or paying to be in a restaurant at the circuit.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no "standing" areas for which tickets are sold. A reasonable alternative: You can either buy a ticket for the various tribunes, or you can also get a ticket to watch it (sitting down, preferably) from the hilll going up to the palace. Tickets for this area are sold at GP ticket shops. Make sure to go there early to pick a good spot AND sit down with a bit of space around you :-)

I watched it from this area once. The view is pretty good - all the port, including the start/finish line.

Good luck,

Zeynep

Sorry no image available
Posted by vsaumarez - 14 years ago

Look under Entertainment and read replies to my post for "Monaco Grans Prix"