DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

GSM Expert??

Posted by MikeP-180526 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Is there any way of increasing the delay on a GSM phone or cancelling the divert to voicemail if the call is not answered?

On my SFR phone, a Nokia, I can do this using the either the phone's menu or the standard GSM  ##61*11#[SEND] but it always seems to revert back to 20 seconds maximum delay (the GSM maximum is 30).

I've not had any problem doing this on any of my other GSM accounts in other countries,  so I assume that this delay is set by the network and cannot be overridden but does anyone know?

I did call SFR for assistance but to say I was underwhelmed by their helpfulness would be an overstatement!

Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

Fair comment,  but mine is not a prepaid.  Ironically,  I have been able to do it with prepaid accounts in other countries!

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

It is quite common for operators to make it difficult to turn this option off, especially for pre-paid accounts.  They make a double profit on it, because the caller has to pay a call when the answering machine kicks in, then you have to make a call to call them back.

My kids have a prepaid GSM albeit in Belgium, and they had to phone customer service and ask them to cancel the function.

Tony