DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Haloumi Cheese needed, please help.

Posted by David Bell - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by natandsimon - 14 years ago

I am also desperatly trying to find Haloumi cheese (and Qorn). What is the name of the shop in Monaco or, if you don't know it, where is it? tks

Sorry no image available
Posted by VictoriaB-187745 - 14 years ago

CB,

The one is cannes is actually called "kebab"...

VictoriaB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

I too know of a place that sells haloumi, halva, retsina and ouzo, but it's in Monaco.CB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

But you're being deliciously coy with the name...?CB

Sorry no image available
Posted by VictoriaB-187745 - 14 years ago

Hi David,

I also know this shop and if you do go there for Halloumi cheese, go at lunch time and have a snack, it is excellent ...

VictoriaB

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

I LOVE IT WHEN I AM RIGHT!

-L-

Sorry no image available
Posted by delboy_trading - 14 years ago

Hi David,

Leslie is correct, it is in fact a Turkish kebab shop and they are open all day and usually have halloumi. What do you need it for as you may be able top substitute something?

Regards

Dom

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 14 years ago

David,

There is a small middle eastern shop with an eating area at the back that might sell it. They appear to have a largerange of products, spices, food etc.. I do not know the name, but it is located near the gambetta market near the train station. I will attempt to give you directions:

If you know the Irish bar Morrisons, you want to walk down that side of the market square. Keep walking straight on up that street, (which is parallel to rue d'antibes). Stay on the west side of the street and you will eventually come to it. It looks like a hole in the wall, and is surrounded by other small markets and shops, both Kosher and Hallel.

Good Luck, alternately you can make it. It is not that hard to do, but takes over night. let me know if you want the recipe.

Leslie