DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help - bought wrong train ticket

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

There are very few sncf train tickets that are not exchangable or reembursable (like PREM's)...can't hurt to try.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SammyT-194551 - 14 years ago

Hi Leslie-

You're allowed to change the date of the ticket anytime before the actual departure of the train for no extra charge (though you might have to pay extra if you want to change to a train that costs more).  You can also get a 50% refund on your ticket AFTER the time of departure, in case you missed the train or something else happened.

And don't feel stupid, I'm leaving tomorrow for the US, but returning to France on the 4th, and I booked my train ticket from Paris for the 4th, not realizing that it will be the morning of the 5th when I actually get here, but I changed it today, without any problem at all!

-Samantha

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

Some people who were renting my apartment decided to stay an extra week and went to the train station to exchange their TGV tickets--no problem. It was only on the date of travel that they realized that the ticket vendor that exchanged them had made a mistake, so in that particular case they had to buy new tickets and return the unused ones once they arrived in Paris. I think that the only tickets that are not refundable are the cheapo Prems that you can only buy on the internet.

Lana