DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help Clés 3G

Posted by lorac999-214274 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by DOVV - 6 years ago

Hi Carol,I had an sfr 3g key til recently and was never able to connect to their hotspots. I also found that the 250 mb limit was quicky used and I don't even do social media. Now I have the Free mobile sim card... It's currently 20€/month for unlimited acces (no contract, either) and they will come out with a data only subscription soon for around 12€. So far no complaints, it connects well everywhere. As my ipad takes the micro sim, I bought a pack of 3 adapters on ebay for 2 euros and can use it in a phone or clé 3g. Hope this helps...

Sorry no image available
Posted by lorac999-214274 - 6 years ago

Thanks Tom for your quick response.

I do have both so that's all I need? Sounds very easy, I thought I would have to download something.

Sorry if this sounds stupid. All I will need to do is when I see a hotspot is log in using the phone number or email address given and use my password and I get connected - brilliant.

Kind regards
Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by TomTom-248588 - 6 years ago

not sure if sfr is the best deal.

for access to the sfr hotspot:

-you should get an email address (name@sfr.fr) linked and a mobile phone number linked to your 3G key.

- both the phone number and email address can be used to log on to the hotspot with a password

you could also offer your neighbour 10 euros each time you are down here to get access to their wifi, this would work in our apartment block.