DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

help email problem

Posted by sunnyw - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Hi Sunny,

What are you using for email?  Outlook, or simply through IE?

A

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

OK: get - and run - up-to-date anti-virus software and virus definitions, and install ALL the Microsoft system updates; then we can see what the problem might be (if it hasn't gone away already, which I suspect it will have done.)

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by szozu - 14 years ago

You can do a free virus check online at http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/personal.htm

You can also download free anti-virus software from www.grisoft.com Unlike some free programmes, this one has frequent updates.

Lana

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunnyw - 14 years ago

I am using win 98,IE 5.5,last time i installed a anti virus was a long time ago (nearly a year),and i dont think I have downloaded window critical update!!

I hope you find some solution Mike

thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Don't want to sound like I'm scaremongering, but this smells viral; it has an MSBlast (or similar) whiff to it, in fact. However:

What version of Windows are you using (e.g. 98, XP)?What Web browser (and version) are you using to send e-mails (e.g. Internet Explorer 5.5)?Do you have anti-virus software correctly installed and are the virus definitions completely up to date (i.e. less than a week old)?Have you installed all of Microsoft's Critical Updates from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ ?

With those answered, we've got a rather stronger starting-point for working out what the problem is and thus what to do.

Mike